Programmed code generation (was: Self-modifying code)

Steven Ryan smryan at garth.UUCP
Fri Jul 22 06:32:13 AEST 1988

>Because my Webster's indicates that *realize* is the only valid spelling!

I have a dictionary that says -ise is normal and -ize is an american variant.

Rather than continue off a tangent: somebody got all hot and botherred over
a misspelling. Big deal! Lots of clumsy fingers on clumsy keyboards; some
people typing faster than they're thinking; not everybody proofreading; some
stubborn spellers; British and American spellers; and lotsa nonnative speakers
of english out there who do a remarkable job of following along on a keyboard
and screen not designed for english. I just might be able to follow a
discussion in french, but I wouldn't stand a chance in german.

Hey, kids, let's be tolerant. Instead of finding differences to fight over,
let's enjoy the diversity and complexity of humanity.