Help - Need Graphics Code For Apollo/Sun

David Geary dmg at ssc-vax.UUCP
Wed Jul 6 02:53:38 AEST 1988

    I've been teaching an introductory C course for about 2 years, and am
currently in the process of developing an Advanced Course.
    We will be developing popup menus in the class; when the user presses
a mouse button, menus will popup on the screen.  We will be using a set
of routines to implement a "boundless object-oriented" tree structure.
    Anyway, I'd sure appreciate it if someone could email me code to do
the following:

1)  A function to draw a box anywhere on the screen.
    (it'd be nice if it saved the background in a buffer, and restored
     the background when the box was erased).
2)  A function that sits in a loop, until the user presses a mouse button,
    then returns.

    The course will be taught on SUN/APOLLOS, so I need source specific to
either/both of these two machines.
    If you can send me the code for the above two routines, and you let
me know you want it, I'll email you the code for the popups when I'm done
writing it.
    Thanx for the help.

      ~  "Once I rose above the Noise and Confusion,       ~
      ~   just to get a Glimpse Beyond This Illusion..."   ~
      ~         Wayward Son,                               ~
      ~         Kansas                                     ~