Proxmire, one time only

Richard Harter g-rh at cca.CCA.COM
Tue Jul 26 11:38:25 AEST 1988

In article <2819 at ttrdc.UUCP> levy at ttrdc.UUCP (Daniel R. Levy) writes:
>In article <1988Jul23.221743.22169 at utzoo.uucp>, henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:

>> Anyone who buys Wisconsin cheese is|  Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
>> a traitor to mankind.  --Pournelle |uunet!mnetor!utzoo! henry @zoo.toronto.edu
>
>First it was NASA, now it's Wisconsin cheese.  What gripe do you (and Pournelle
>for that matter) have against Wisconsin cheese?  (The imagination boggles.)

There are people who believe that William Proxmire, senator from Wisconsin,
is a traitor to humanity.  I would not go nearly so far, but I am willing
to entertain the notion that he has done more harm to the United States
than any concious agent of the USSR.  The space program in particular,
and federally funded scientific research in general have been the targets
of his anti-science, know-nothing vendettas, which are cloaked in the name
of economy.

Senator Proxmire may not be good for America, but he has been very good
for the Wisconsin dairy industry; he is very popular there for that reason.

Now you know the reason for the quote.

Are the graves of dreams allowed to die.
	Richard Harter, SMDS  Inc.