static -> static near

Michael Paul Hunter bagpiper at oxy.edu
Thu Jul 28 12:08:43 AEST 1988

I was reading the TurboC 1.5 manual on static and near functions and it seemed
to me that the two were synonomous except for the fact that I couldn't
deterimine if static generated near calles.  So maybe one should
#define static as near static???????  (NOTE: I am not saying that near is
a good thing, but if static does what near does, but uses far calles one
might as well go all the way and yes, I know it is not portable....but then
if you use the #define mentioned above it would be easy [via conditional
compilation or even an editor job] to make it portable :))

				    Mike

Michael Hunter	       UUCP  : ....{seismo, rutgers, ames}!cit-vax!oxy!bagpiper
Box 241 	       ARPA  : bagpiper at oxy.edu
Occidental College
Los Angeles, CA 90041