inlining

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Sun Jul 3 04:08:38 AEST 1988

Then in article <12279 at mimsy.UUCP>, chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
> Not so.  It merely (?!) makes it difficult.

AT&T's 3B2 C compilers have done this since (at least) Issue 3.
There are flags to the optimizer that tell it how much expansion
it can do (time-vs-space tradeoffs), and there are assembler
macros as well.  Warning: inline expansion make disassembly quite
difficult :-).

     Steve

P.S. - anybody wanting info on how to invoke this on the 3B2 can
       send mail to me.

--
Steve Friedl     V-Systems, Inc. (714) 545-6442     3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl at vsi.com     {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl

Nancy Reagan on John DeLorean: "Just say snow"