CURSES package for Atari ST

mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu
Sun May 22 02:12:00 AEST 1988

Interestingly, I am writing this on a computer and operating system which
REQUIRES that structures be packed so that some operands are aligned
"wrong", so that they run slower than necessary. I am referring to my
PS/2 Model 80 running Microsoft Windows. They require you to compile
with a switch which packs structures inefficiently. They also recommend,
but do not require that you DON'T optimize for speed. Finally,
Microsoft windows does not support ANSI C, Fortran, Ada, Cobol, or
standard Pascal. That's right, most standard C programs won't run as
a real Windows program (as opposed to running "under" windows; this means
you can't use their graphics calls in a standard C program.) The reason?
Simple, all the calls to standard input and output are replaced by dummy
do-nothing subroutines. They also ask you to close ALL files when you
interface to their klunky "message - passing" input system.

DougMcDonald