X3J11 response to comments (was: Block Closure)

Mark E. Mallett mem at zinn.MV.COM
Tue May 3 15:47:02 AEST 1988

In article <1988Apr27.194653.1970 at utzoo.uucp>, henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
> > ... There were 36 formal comment letters registered via CBEMA...
>
> An interestingly small number, since it implies that a lot of the moaners
> and whiners didn't bother making their complaints official.  I suppose it
> is too optimistic to hope that they will henceforth keep quiet...

two things:  I think the terms of getting and commenting to the ANSI spec
make it difficult for most people; and I don't believe that presenting
objections here in comp.lang.c constitutes "whining".  I'm glad that
somebody (Doug, et al) is paying attention to the discussions here.
And I hope that the whiners do *not* keep quiet.

-mm-
--
Mark E. Mallett  PO Box 4188/ Manchester NH/ 03103
Bus. Phone: 603 645 5069    Home: 603 424 8129