X3J11 response to comments

Peter J Desnoyers peter at athena.mit.edu
Thu May 5 03:22:40 AEST 1988

>From my experiences with ANSI T1D1 (now T1S1), I would be very
surprised if the ANSI C spec actually costs $60. _Global Engineering
Documents_ (or whatever their name is) charges money for it - ANSI
doesn't. If you want to go to the meetings and pick up the documents
yourself, I don't think there is anything to keep you from reproducing
them and giving them away, or even selling them. (Assuming GED doesn't
have some contract preventing this.) From what I understand, the fee
charged isn't bad when you consider that these people send someone to
every ANSI meeting, and are supposed to keep track of all the changes
pencilled in in the course of the meeting.

				Peter Desnoyers
				peter at athena.mit.edu