Bug in new K&R?

Rahul Dhesi dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP
Thu May 12 06:46:27 AEST 1988

In article <7288 at bellcore.bellcore.com> sjs at spectral.UUCP (Stan Switzer) writes:
>To this I can only ask: "Why are there STILL dark corners?"

Knowing what we do by observing the standardization process for Pascal
and Ada, I think we can reasonably conclude that it is a tremendously
difficult task to unambiguously define a nontrivial programming
language in less than 5 years.

Since ANSI C is not just a fixed K&R C, but is actually an evolutionary
step (some say up, some say down) away from it, it clearly hasn't had
enough time yet.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!dhesi