printf() problem

AthanasiosTom Zougas zougas at me.utoronto.ca
Fri Apr 28 07:45:22 AEST 1989

In article <703 at uva.UUCP> dondorp at uva.UUCP (Erwin Dondorp (I84)) writes:
>In article <89Apr26.092233edt.18850 at me.utoronto.ca> zougas at hammer.me.UUCP (Athanasios(Tom) Zougas) writes:
>>[stuff deletd]
>>[arguments of a function are evaluated in the reverse order]
>>It would happen in any C.
>
>NO.
>

>I have a compiler that really evaluates the arguments in the order that
>you specified, That thus makes the statement 'any C' to become untrue.

I should have said: "It could/might/.. happen in any C. Therefore,
don't rely on order of evaluation. As a matter of fact, Kernighan &
Ritchie state in _The C Programming Language_ , page 212: 'order of
evaluation of function arguments is not specified by the language'."

I apologize for my imprecision. Why do I feel like a scolded child :-?

Tom.

--
This is my signature:

	tom zougas