Explanation of "Case-sensitive"

Dave Jones djones at megatest.UUCP
Tue Apr 25 09:26:54 AEST 1989

>From article <10099 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, by gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn):
> In article <860 at tp.Solbourne.COM> ddv at Solbourne.com (Dan DeVries) writes:
>>I have yet to here a good argument for cases being distinct, and have
>>seen several that say it's a bad idea.  So, once again:
>>Why is C case sensitive?  And who can we blame for this mistake?
>
> Sorry, if you can't understand what you read then why should we waste
> more words on you?
>
> It is NOT a mistake.

Are we sure that he did not understand?  Might it not be possible
that he has not yet received the definitive posting which you assume he
can not understand?  Sometimes I receive postings weeks or months
after they are posted.

But there is also the possibility - now try to follow this closely --
there is the possibility that he is capable of understanding postings,
but there is some difference of opinion as to what constitutes a
"good argument".

As to the question of whether you should "waste more words", the answer
is most certainly, no you should not.  But I rather suspect that you
will.

                        daVE