declaring variable

Carl Paukstis carlp at frigg.iscs.com
Wed Apr 12 05:35:56 AEST 1989

>In article <26707 at tiger.oxy.edu> bagpiper at oxy.edu (Michael Paul Hunter) writes:
>A friend of mind had a program that wasn't working properly. (what a nice start)
>Within this program was a declaration that was similar to:

>double A,
>       B,
>       fooY,
>       fooX,
>       whelp; /* <--- note this */
>       WhatAmI,
>       AndMoreVariables;

My guess is that the compiler allows the older style, where the word
"int" was optional and assumed in a variable declaration.  WhatAmI
and AndMoreVariables would be "int".

Maybe non-obvious, but quite common in some older programs.
--
Carl Paukstis       "I'm the NRA"         |  DOMAIN:   carlp at iscuva.ISCS.COM
    "Just say NO to the 'War on Liberty'" |  UUCP:     ...uunet!iscuva!carlp
                                          |  GEnie: carlp         BIX: carlp
I speak for myself, not my employer.      |  Ma Bell:  +1 509 927 5600 x5321