Iconitis

Emuleomo emuleomo at yes.rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 13 08:16:02 AEST 1989

#
#Customer support on IBM-PC and Macs etc...
# Thank GOD for the Norton Utilities

How else do you think that the PC software busines 'blossomed' into a
multibillion dollar industries and turned people like Peter Norton into
Millionaires?
Of course, it's from producing enhancements to our beloved text mode (non-icon)
interfaces!!

#
# Vi (h/j/k/l) etc..
#
I use 'vi' at home on my PC and at work on our 3B5 && I love it.
 I have seen Mac users wrestle  with their MOUSE to do simple things like
'delete a line  dd' or 'concatenate next line  J'.
(Can you use Macwrite on any other Machine? Ha ha)
Besides you can use the arrow keys to move the cursor on some 'vi'
implementations.
However, I wish 'vi' had things like Windows && Columnar Cut and paste.

--Emuleomo O.O.