Texts on fundamentals of programming/computer science

Reuven M. Lerner reuven at athena.mit.edu
Tue Apr 4 02:19:25 AEST 1989

In article <18740 at joyce.istc.sri.com> gds at spam.istc.sri.com (Greg Skinner) writes:

>This is just my opinion, though.  I know lots of people that loved
>6.001 and really got a lot out of it, but I and others were lost most
>of the time.  I've found it's easier to give the students software
>projects of increasing sizes to design on their own to give them a
>feel for the size and complexity of software projects.
>
>--gregbo

Well, I'm "just" a freshman taking 6.001, and I love the course.  I'm
getting more out of it, and learning more about Computer Science and
programming, than I ever thought imaginable.  The textbook is a bit
dense, and the lectures go a little fast (typical for MIT), but
all-in-all, I'm having a great time.

Reuven