looking for >32-bit address space [and how will C handle it]

Robert Claeson prc at maxim.ERBE.SE
Thu Apr 6 18:40:45 AEST 1989

In article <11968 at pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, faustus at dogwood.Berkeley.EDU (Wayne A. Christopher) writes:

> Take a look at this month's Spectrum -- there's an article about the
> Intel i680 chip, which seems to have a flat 64-bit address space.
> We'll have to see how quickly this chip catches on -- it looks really
> hot (it benchmarks at twice the Dhrystones of the MIPS chip), but for
> manufacturers who don't want to double the size of their external bus
> it may be a bit too much.

Yes, and how often can you really take advantage of its ability to perform
simultaneous integer and floating point operations?

--
Robert Claeson, ERBE DATA AB, P.O. Box 77, S-175 22 Jarfalla, Sweden
Tel: +46 (0)758-202 50  Fax: +46 (0)758-197 20