Iconitis

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Sun Apr 9 00:50:39 AEST 1989

Follow up comp.windows.misc. PLEASE.

Windows do not imply Icons (Smalltalk doesn't have icons. Imagine that).

Icons do not imply windows (Plato doesn't have windows or a mouse. It has
Icons. Imagine that).

Just remember this. Windows are a good idea. Icons are a good idea. Each in
their own domain.

I think windows are more generally useful. I have abandoned the icon interface
to my Amiga and written a text/window interface that provides much the same
functionality.

BUT, windows != icons.

Business: uunet.uu.net!ficc!peter, peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180.
Personal: ...!texbell!sugar!peter, peter at sugar.hackercorp.com.