sizeof (integral types)

Doug Schmidt schmidt at glacier.ics.uci.edu
Fri Apr 14 16:39:14 AEST 1989

Please forgive me for asking an ``obvious'' question.  What exactly
does the ANSI-C draft say regarding the minimum guaranteed sizes of
short, int, and long integers in a conforming implementation of
standard C?

I realize the relation short <= int <= long holds, I'm just curious
whether there is any minimum that these basic types must meet (e.g.,
short >= 16 bits, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Doug
--
On a clear day, under blue skies, there is no need to seek.
And asking about Buddha                +------------------------+