Another silly question

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Sat Apr 29 03:33:42 AEST 1989

In article <9987 at claris.com> krazy at claris.com (Jeff Erickson) writes:
: In fact, since a[i] = *(a+i), and (a+i)=(i+a), you can actually write i[a]
: for a[i] and most compilers will take it!  (Every one I've tried has, anyway.)

Try Microsoft. I don't know if it is true of the latest version, but
one of about two years ago wouldn't take it.

I made the mistake (don't ask why!) of putting this in some code
Proximity shipped; we got many complaints from people with broken
compilers. And not only Microsoft though I don't recall which others.
I certainly remember the embarrassment!

---
Bill                            { uunet | novavax } !twwells!bill