Just Wondering

Wayne A. Christopher faustus at dogwood.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Apr 25 07:37:22 AEST 1989

In article <12565 at lanl.gov>, jlg at lanl.gov (Jim Giles) writes:
> One last point.  I have a color computer a home.  To me, having a
> case sensitive language is as bad as having a _color_ sensitive one.
> Can you imagine?!?  Consider a program with 512 different variables,
> all spelled "a".  How would _YOU_ like to try to debug such a monster?

That's like an idea a friend of mine had -- scratch 'n' sniff math texts.
We have 5 senses, so why not maximize the bandwidth of the human-computer
interface?  You could have variables like { picture of a green cow, rotten
egg smell, church bell, pinprick from the keyboard }.

	Wayne