Requests for nominations of Great C Code (Was Re: Texts ...

Dave Jones djones at megatest.UUCP
Tue Apr 4 11:16:57 AEST 1989

>From article <433 at algor2.UUCP>, by jeffrey at algor2.UUCP (Jeffrey Kegler):
>
> To become a "great" C programmer, I feel the best way is to study
> the works of the masters.
>
> I am very interested in the answers others have to the following:  What ts
> the best C code you have ever read?  Let me impose these restrictions:

   [...]
> 2.) Of course, we are all too modest to start posting our own code.

Whhhh???  Have you been reading this group very long?

I would be surprised if there were ONE contributer to this group whom
modesty would prevent from informing you that he wrote the best code
he had ever read -- the best damn code ANYBODY ever read, dammit!
I mean, one simply can't allow unrestrained modesty to hinder the
furthering the One True Way, can one?  What vanity that would be!

If you allowed people to submit their own code, you would be overwhelmed
with entries.  By restricting it to OPC (Other People's Code) you will
only get entries from cliques.  (I'll show him yours if you'll show
him mine.)

Now if you really want to see an example of the best code possible,
send me a private email request.  You see, I have some things in my
personal library...

		Dave J.