Word size problem with MSC

jdm jdm at hodge.UUCP
Thu Apr 13 09:59:04 AEST 1989

	I am currently porting some code from a 32 bit Unix environmant
	to a 16 bit MS-DOS environment and my target compiler is
	Microsoft C.  The problem I have encountered is the switch() function
	in MSC (and in Turbo C for that matter) will only accept a 16 bit
	integer argument.  The code I am porting requires 32 bit values to
	be used in a case statement.

	Normally I would convert the case statement to a series of
	if...else statements, but I have been informed that the part of the
	code I am working on cannot be changed for reasons of future
	compatability.  Is there a patch for the MS C compiler, or some other
	action, that will allow the switch() function to accept 32 bit
	integers?

--

jdm at hodge.cts.com [uunet zardoz vdelta crash]!hodge!jdm

	James D. Murray, Ethnounixologist