Just Wondering

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Wed Apr 26 16:32:38 AEST 1989

In article <12666 at lanl.gov> jlg at lanl.gov (Jim Giles) writes:
>[C] - the more I learn about it, the less I like it.

You're certainly entitled to your opinions, if you've formed them as
the result of objective consideration of the facts available to you.
However, if you don't like C, you're doing the readers of this newsgroup
a disservice by complaining about it, just as it does nobody any good
for VMS advocates to argue that UNIX is awful in the UNIX newsgroups.
Constructive suggestions about ways to work around what you perceive
to be deficiencies in C would be helpful.  If it weren't too late now,
suggestions about ways to improve the language would have been useful
too.  (I don't recall seeing yours in the mountain we had to wade
through before or during the public reviews of the proposed C standard.)
But if you're not trying to be helpful, then please keep quiet --
the signal-to-noise ratio of this newsgroup is low enough already.