Where oh where is my directory

Michael Narayan mnarayan at hcr.UUCP
Sat Apr 8 11:15:35 AEST 1989

perrone at loligo.UUCP (Perrone Ford) <7712 at pyr.gatech.EDU> :
>What I am trying to accompish is to read the directory
>entries into a buffer and then print the buffer out in the
>middle of a graphics routine
>
> [stuff deleted]

Since you now know that system("dir") will not work, here is how you
can do what you want. TurboC (and Microsoft C I believe) provide two
routines called findfirst() and findnext() which allow you to retrieve
the entries in a directory given a pattern (* and ? wildcards allowed).
You can use these two functions to retrieve the directory entries you
want into a buffer, which you can later print out.

Michael J. Narayan
HCR Corp.
{utcsri!utzoo}!hcr!mnarayan

Nobody else could have opinions like these.
I'm just the co-op (slave labour)