looking for >32-bit address space [and how will C handle it]

Colin Plumb w-colinp at microsoft.UUCP
Thu Apr 6 09:30:32 AEST 1989

faustus at dogwood.Berkeley.EDU (Wayne A. Christopher) wrote:
> Take a look at this month's Spectrum -- there's an article about the
> Intel i680 chip, which seems to have a flat 64-bit address space.

No, it has a 32-bit flat address space.  I think its external data bus
and fp unit give it the right to call itself a 64-bit microprocessor, but
the integer unit is pretty vanilla 32-bit.
--
	-Colin (uunet!microsoft!w-colinp)

"Don't listen to me.  I never do." - The Doctor