fortran to C converter

Blair P. Houghton bph at buengc.BU.EDU
Wed Apr 26 23:38:03 AEST 1989

In article <9244 at alice.UUCP> dmr at alice.UUCP writes:
>This newsgroup has become very silly lately, rather like the end of a
>Python sketch.

It's 8:10 a.m., and time for the critter->penguin on top of your
t.v.set to explode = (void *) "fwooosh!";

>Speaking of doubleprecision, the next topic of discussion is why C
>believes in whitespace.

I'd make a crude crack about "master race" and "disgruntlement after the
reparations of WWI", but there are a few anniversaries pending that make
my anti-nazi blood boil a little hot, so no humor involving the scourge
of human history today, okay.  >:-|

Actually, metaphysically, C doesn't believe in whitespace, given that
good ol' Max. Munch knows how to do his job well without all the
cbeautify or Indian Hills traditions, discarding them in the same
manner that I discard unsolicited pleas to "let Jesus/Vishnu/Rama/
Islam/The Larch/Odin/Buddha in."
   ,
Tres plus, no two kiddies ever place the same blanety-blanks in the
same (expletive deleted) places, and the fundamental tenet of the
annual Obfuscated C Code Contest is that 'whitespace wastes bytes that
could be better used for camouflage and indirection,' so,
parapsychologically, neither do the rest of the world of C programmers
believe in 'the one, true C style' of redistribution of the
nonentities.

What I'm trying to say is, is this going to (ohpleasegodnoI'llbedamn
goodjustdon'tletithappenagain) reopen the [rd]e{bate,hash} surrounding
everybody's favorite arrangement of negligible pseudotokens?  I mean,
if I have to waste the three nanoergs it takes to hit 'k' every time
that thread comes around, I'm going to start charging consulting
rates...

				--Blair
				  "...and, with my ego, that could
				   run into $_millards_..."