Using C for the First Programming Course

Ed Wells edw at wells.UUCP
Fri Apr 14 18:45:58 AEST 1989

  You gotta be kidding.  Your instructor sounds to me like he is doing
a 'fake it until you make it' in the way he is teaching 'C'.  I think
if you knew 'C' well as many of us do, you will find that there is a
very formal format to 'C'.  Maybe your instructor ought to sit in on
another instructors 'C' class before resuming his own 'C' classes.
He obviously doesn't sound like he know 'C'.

  I had a friend of mine go to the local community college in our area
and a similar problem occurred.  I was amazed at the things that he told
me worked in 'C' (that I knew didn't).  Much to his amazement, I told him
to not believe either of us an prove this out to himself.  As he soon found
out, his instructor was giving him bad information.

  As you might imagine, the course began to get very frustrating to him.