Address of a goto label?

David Goodenough dg at lakart.UUCP
Fri Apr 21 01:08:49 AEST 1989

>From article <1768 at leah.Albany.Edu>, by rds95 at leah.Albany.Edu (Robert Seals):
> I wrote a program to test it. Thus,
> 	HERE:
> 	    p = &HERE;
>
> So, the failed compilation seemed correct. BUT, I tried it on the local
> 4.3-tahoe, and it compiled .....

Ugh. The possibilities for high level self modifying code are horrific. :-)

One thing that I _DID_ like about BCPL was that you could do the following:

foo()
 {
    code;
 }

boo()
 {
    different code;
 }

zap()
 {
    foo();
    foo = boo;
    foo();	/* but he really calls boo() */
 }

Made for a really funky node allocation subroutine in a lisp like
environment :-)

	We now return you to more civilised C programming.
--
	dg at lakart.UUCP - David Goodenough		+---+