case sensitivity

Bjorn Engsig bengsig at oracle.nl
Wed Apr 26 23:27:37 AEST 1989

In article <1320 at ns.network.com> ddb at ns.UUCP (David Dyer-Bennet) writes:

>In most cases (sorry), casing in English doesn't distinguish ...
> ... [deletions]
>Casing rules in English are generally formal, not substantive, and
>therefore I consider case to be essentially not significant in normal
>English usage.
What does the use of upper and lower case in English has to do with C
programming?  Should we also use other aspects of written natural text
such as syntax, semantics, how to typeset, punctuation, etc. in C?
We could also try to let C look like cobol :-)

No, let's continue with the current well-established use of lower/upper
case, and not fight any longer about minor details.
--
Bjorn Engsig, ORACLE Europe         \ /    "Hofstadter's Law:  It always takes
Domain: bengsig at oracle.nl           / \     take into account Hofstadter's Law"