Another Silly programming puzzle....

Ed Wright edw at pinot.zehntel.com
Thu Apr 6 06:51:49 AEST 1989

In article <1210 at microsoft.UUCP> t-iaind at microsoft.UUCP (Iain Davidson) writes:
>(This is my first BIG post, so if you want to flame, flame low and send away)
Noooooo Problem
>   For those still silly over the LAST puzzle/challange.... here's another one.
>
>Puzzle:
>  Write a "simple" program to convert rec.humor (rot13) jokes to
>    a output readable by human eyes...
A new challange ! Thank god
>Simple rules:
>   1) It works.
>   2) I can understand it.
No fair imposing unrealistic restrictions
>   3) Sources in "C", Pascal, MOD-2, Pilot, or csh-source
>                  format are acceptable.
>
>UUCP: {uucp|uw-beaver}!microsof!t-iaind       (How did he move that "t" ???)
>BITNET:  microsof!t-iaind at beaver.cs.washington.edu
:-)
Here are some of my favorites

man tr
man mail
man ceasar

talk root

mail root
subject: How do I do this ?

and of course the ever popular old favorite :-) /bin/rm -F -r *
should fix most rotation problems in your current working directory.

I suppose there is always... naw..... not reading "the book"

I think the best reply to one of these was the guy who a few months
back posted a loverly csh script that was rot 13.

:-)

NOw remember the tricks you have seen here today were done by skilled
proffessionals who do them every day. DO NOT TRY these tricks
at home without close parental supervision.

Ed Wright
     KA9AHQ   sun or ucbvax or varian ! zehntel!edw   edw at zehntel.COM