case sensitivity

Norman Diamond diamond at diamond.csl.sony.junet
Wed Apr 26 13:25:06 AEST 1989

Henry signs:

>>>Mars in 1980s:  USSR, 2 tries, |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
>>>2 failures; USA, 0 tries.      | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu

I added:

In article <1105 at vsi.COM> friedl at vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:

>Norm, that's not fair; Canada's not a real country.
>
>     :-) :-) :-) :-)	<---- flame shield
>     :-)  Steve  :-)
>     :-) :-) :-) :-)

Steve's personal e-mail to me was considerably more reasonable.
I hereby violate netiquette and quote it in full:

> Touche'

You should have posted that one instead, Steve.

Well Steve, as Japanese people could tell you, the U.S.A. also is
not a real country.  Didn't even pick a name for itself; it had to
steal its continent's name instead.  (Hmm, is that why it sometimes
thinks it's the entire continent?)

Incidentally, I just saw "For All Mankind" and had to laugh at the
U.S.A.'s flag being spread out for all mankind.  When Christopher
Columbus planted the Spanish flag, he didn't pretend that he was
claiming the Amerinds' land for all mankind; he knew it rightfully
belonged to Spain.

Maybe this posting isn't fair; the astronauts had better flame shields.

What's this doing in comp.lang.c?  Follow-ups redirected to /dev/null.

Norman Diamond, Sony Computer Science Lab (diamond%csl.sony.jp at relay.cs.net)
  The above opinions are my own.   |  Why are programmers criticized for
  If they're also your opinions,   |  re-inventing the wheel, when car
  you're infringing my copyright.  |  manufacturers are praised for it?