A question of style

Ge' Weijers ge at kunivv1.sci.kun.nl
Fri Dec 8 20:30:12 AEST 1989

gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:

>In article <1989Dec1.231901.17719 at aqdata.uucp> sullivan at aqdata.uucp (Michael T. Sullivan) writes:
>>Nobody said that my use was ugly, evil, a bad idea, or wrong.  Just that
>>most people didn't use it.  I'll just keep on using my commas, thank you.

>This is known as "desert island programming", for obvious reasons.

What this world needs is a very-much-improved version of SCCS or the like,
that shows each programmer the same source in his own programming style.

Conversions to be implemented:

- indentation styles
- (ab)use of the comma operator
- ......... (your favorite pet peeve here)

Everyone could sit on a desert island, under his own fig tree,
and no comma operator shall make him afraid. :-)

De gustibus non disputandum est.

Ge'
Ge' Weijers                                    Internet/UUCP: ge at cs.kun.nl
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science,   (uunet.uu.net!cs.kun.nl!ge)
University of Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1
6525 ED Nijmegen, the Netherlands              tel. +3180612483 (UTC-2)