pointer comparisons on PC (thanks, and a followup question).

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.masa.com
Mon Dec 11 23:59:41 AEST 1989

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about pointer comparison on
the PC.  Perhaps you'll indulge me a bit longer.  The program is being
compiled in the Large model, but the normalization process does not
appear to occur with automatic storage, only external.  Am I correct in
assuming that stack variables are always treated as Small model, since
the stack must fit in a 64k segment ?

Finally, does anyone have suggestions on C compilers for the PC which
are better suited for development than Turbo-C ? Are there compilers
which will do pointer normalization all the time (and allow me to port
software to DOS without having to scan thousands of lines to determine
where "huge" has to be inserted :-<)

Thanks, again.

--
Dave Hammond