C/370 is case insensitive, and just generally rots!

c9h at psuecl.bitnet c9h at psuecl.bitnet
Wed Dec 13 12:36:37 AEST 1989

I just can't believe it.  If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I seriously
doubt that I would.  IBM C/370 is *not* case sensitive.  This is just for
starters.  Let me give you some advice.  NEVER, EVER use C/370 if there is
*ANY* way you can avoid it, ESPECIALLY if you like K&R2.  People, this com-
piler is BAD (Broken As Designed).  I strongly encourage you to get Waterloo
C (WATC) if you want to program in C on an IBM mainframe.

--
- Charles Martin Hannum II       "Klein bottle for sale ... inquire within."
    (That's Charles to you!)     "To life immortal!"
  c9h at hcx.psu.edu
  cmh at psuecl2.bitnet