MSC __STDC__ strange value

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Wed Dec 6 08:18:23 AEST 1989

In article <223 at bohra.cpg.oz> ejp at bohra.cpg.oz (Esmond Pitt) writes:
>For some strange reason, the MSC 5.1 compiler defines __STDC__ as 0
>Why?

Because things like

	extern int sprintf (char *, char *fmt, ...);

won't work (you can't mix named and unnamed parameters in a prototype.
Bummer).  There are other things, but that's the one that has been in my
mind most the past couple of days.

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts."
seanf at sco.COM    |    -- Thomas Magnum (Tom Selleck), _Magnum, P.I._