A question of style

David T. Sandberg dts at quad.uucp
Sun Dec 10 06:59:17 AEST 1989

In article <1437 at skye.ed.ac.uk> richard at aiai.UUCP (Richard Tobin) writes:
:
:[On the subject of  while (c=getchar(), c!=EOF)]
:
:I would have thought that it's common enough to be regarded as a
:standard idiom itself.  At least, everyone who reads this newsgroup
:should by now be quite sufficiently familiar with it!

Sure.  And we've also become familiar with the effects of interweaving
loops and case labels, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

In any event, I've yet to see  while (c=getchar(), c!=EOF)  used in
any real world code.  Just lucky, I guess.  ;')

--
David Sandberg             dts at quad.uucp or ..uunet!rosevax!sialis!quad!dts
"What's the difference??"