How Do You Pronounce "#define"?

Jeff Seideman jeffs at ka.excelan.com
Thu Dec 7 08:47:04 AEST 1989

In article <561 at junkyard.UUCP>, joe at junkyard.UUCP (Joseph Sarkes) writes:
> In article <2438 at softway.oz>, stephenf at softway.oz (Stephen Frede) writes:
> > >How should one pronounce "#define"?
>
> very carefully.	on a serious note, # is a POUND sign, so maybe
> pound define would do.

That's funny!  One of my co-workers and I were just fighting over that
this morning.  He says # is "SHARP" and I say # is "GRID".
So it can be "pound define"
or           "sharp define"
or           "grid define"

Aint English Goodly?

|  ...like a fool I mixed them,          |       Jeff Seideman             |
|  and it strangled up my mind           |                                 |
|  now people just get uglier            |                                 |
|  and I have no sense of time...        |                                 |