A new one on me...

Leo Hinds leoh at hardy.harris.com
Fri Dec 1 01:18:58 AEST 1989

In article <1989Nov28.221224.6106 at world.std.com> bzs at world.std.com (Barry Shein) writes:

>In a pd program I ran into a line like this:

>Sun 4.0.3 cc gives me a non-fatal error (empty character constant.)

>Is there any meaning assigned to this? I assume it meant something in
>Turbo/C (under which the program was developed.)

Barry:

I ran into the same thing ... trying to help out a friend of mine who pulled it
off of the net.  On our system ... it would provide the same message ... but not
produce an ".o".  Trying the same piece of code on Turbo showed that turbo
interpreted that as being '\0' ... so that's how the program was changed ...

Leo Hinds