A question of style

Silver gaynor at busboys.rutgers.edu
Mon Dec 4 07:38:13 AEST 1989

Hey, listen.  The comma operator is pretty low on the scale of things, it
doesn't deserve all this attention.  The general consensus seems to be that
it's not a wonderful thing, but it has its limited uses.

amull at morgan.com writes:
> One of the most important aspects of programming for clarity is to avoid the
> near occasion of operator precedence or side effects.
Hear, hear!  Fortunately, we are armed with parentheses with which to defend
ourselves!

amull at morgan.com writes:
> You want the flow of control to be fully represented on the page
> in as consistent a manner as is possible.
What's a page?  Something like a window?

Regards, [Ag]