Zero Length Arrays Allowed in C Standard?DOWN

c9h at psuecl.bitnet c9h at psuecl.bitnet
Fri Dec 8 07:32:07 AEST 1989

There is a generic problem with zero-sized arrays that everyone seems to
be ignoring:  I see nowhere a definition of what *order* C is to store
variables in.  Even the use a previously mentioned as being valid -- using
it to change the size of a malloc'd structure to allocate space for an
array of the size needed -- would be affected by this.

Am I overlooking something, or is storage order actually undefined?

--
- Charles Martin Hannum II       "Klein bottle for sale ... inquire within."
    (That's Charles to you!)     "To life immortal!"