printf, data presentation

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Fri Jan 13 04:50:10 AEST 1989

In article <225800107 at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
: I see not the tiniest reason that the functions kbhit() and getch()
: couldn't be implemented on any reasonable system, including Unix or
: VMS. I've even written a kbhit() for VMS (ugh! I'll bet Unix will be easier.)

Well, if we are going to toss around words like "reasonable" we should
not mean them to be equivalent to "something I'd want to use". There
are plenty of systems around where INKEY$ is not possible.  Either
because the OS does not provide any way to implement the function or
because the function can not be implemented on the hardware.

(Hey guys, this looks like another candidate for the most
frequently....  Most frequently what, I'm not saying :-)

---
Bill
{ uunet!proxftl | novavax } !twwells!bill