The One True Purpose of C (was Playing with the bits of floats)

Blair P. Houghton bph at buengc.BU.EDU
Tue Jan 24 08:45:50 AEST 1989

Ob. C-polemic:

Given the differing compilers, C ain't strictly portable.
It is (often) among unix machines running "unix is a trademark of at+t"
clones, but I don't trust even my K&R(ed.1)-conformant code when going
from an Encore/Ultrix to a VAX/VMS.

In article <15573 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>(And now for something completely irrelevant:)
>
>In article <284 at bgalli.UUCP> bga at bgalli.UUCP (Billy G. Allie) writes:
>
>>7436 Hartwell, Dearborn, MI 48126
>
>You live almost next door to my older brother (6834).  How about that....

Woontcha know.

Torek's bother has a number for a name...

				--Blair
				  "8-D"