uustatus - realtime uustat for HDB uucp (w/findpath)

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Tue Jan 31 10:17:27 AEST 1989

In article <1989Jan30.013936.11995 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu>, woods at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Greg Woods) writes:
> In article <5312 at turnkey.TCC.COM> sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM (Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz) writes:
>
> The reason your compiler gives you a warning message, is because NULL
> has been erroneously defined as something other than just plain zero.  I
> most definitely will not go into the reasons why, but it should suffice
> to say that "#define NULL 0" is the only correct definition.  [Anyone
> who would like some evidence, please send me some mail.]

	[rest left out intensionally]

If you look at the code that was modified before writing a manual on stdio.h,
you would have noticed that it was made compatible with both Unix and Xenix!
Nobody is arguing with you that SCO/Microsoft incorrectly defined NULL
as (char *)0; however, programs which really mean zero and not a NULL pointer
can easily be modified to 0 and therefore be compatible with both worlds!

--
Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz               XBBS   714-898-8634
UUCP: ....att!hermix!alphacm!sandy      ....trwrb!ucla-an!alphacm!sandy