spiffy terminals (was: printf, data presentation)

Kenneth P. Stox stox at ttrde.UUCP
Wed Jan 11 08:08:28 AEST 1989

In article <9307 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> aspect of the 630.  Much more relevant are the following:

[deleted a wonderful list of 630 features]

> The 630 has other spiffy features, but these should suffice.  If

First of all, thank you, Doug, for the comments on the 630, however,
I believe you are missing the most important feature of all, the
630 is programmable. In other words, if you want to write applications
that have a portion ( if not all ) of the user interface resident
in the terminal, you can do so. In our minds, this is the most
important feature, if you really want to have the 630 look like
a wyse-50 ( BTW, can I get a VW engine for my BMW ? }:->  ),
or virtually any other asynchronous terminal you may develope and
download an emulator to the 630.

So, to sum it up, if the 630 does not have a feature you desire,
you would probably be able to program it to do so with little
effort. BTW, the 630 is programmed in C using a development
package sold separately.

Well, enough of this, let's move this discussion to comp.terminals
where it belongs, or if anyone has specific comments, please send
them directly to me.