printf, data presentation

Greg Pasquariello X1190 gpasq at picuxa.UUCP
Wed Jan 4 07:10:00 AEST 1989

In article <19 at xenlink.UUCP> tony at xenlink.UUCP (Tony Field) writes:
-
-
-I wonder why C i/o functions - including curses - do not provide a simple
-method of accepting 'fixed format' screen input?  The following example
-illustrates the problem and also shows a simple solution.
-

Because this is the function (no bad pun intended) of a library.  You can
chose whatever library that you want that does the job.  If the library is
good enough, or fills a particular niche, it may become "de-facto" standard.

Remember that C provides no I/O.  This needs to be provided by the (operating)
system.

Greg Pasquariello