C For Programmers

Geoff Rimmer geoff at warwick.UUCP
Tue Jan 17 16:06:13 AEST 1989

In article <13555 at cup.portal.com> MacUserLabs at cup.portal.com (Stephan - Somogyi) writes:
>The problem with this endeavour was that I do not have a C guru easily
>accessible of whom I can ask all sorts of silly questions; thusly, it
>was book buying time.
>Although I have found this marvelous book, I am curious if there are
>other books in a similar vein out there.

I think you'll find the Kernigan + Richie (sp? i usually just say
"K&R" :-)   latest edition is very good.  It's the one that deals
with ANSI C.  I saw it when I was over there (over the Atlantic
that is) in Dallas, and wish I'd bought it, because it was nearly
half the price we have to pay for it in England!

>Stephan
>
>...sun!cup.portal.com!MacUserLabs or MacUserLabs at cup.portal.com

	Geoff Rimmer, Computer Science, Warwick University, England.
			geoff at uk.ac.warwick.emerald

	"There is no Father Christmas.  It's just a marketing ploy
	to make low income parents' lives a misery."
	"... I want you to picture the trusting face of a child,
	streaked with tears because of what you just said."
	"I want you to picture the face of its mother, because one
	week's dole won't pay for one Master of the Universe
	Battlecruiser!"
		- Filthy Rich and Catflap, 1986.