BIT Counting: C programming problem

Jordan Henderson jlh at uplherc.UUCP
Thu Jan 12 01:38:58 AEST 1989

In article <225 at tityus.UUCP>, jim at athsys.uucp (Jim Becker) writes:
> 	Is this efficient? Is this understandable? What is a better
> algorithm? Please email your responses. I'll report the results of
> algorithms when the votes are in. Thanx!

  This is not really in reply to Mr. Becker's article above.  I'm just
pointing out to all of those who have posted on the bit counting problem
that Mr. Becker requested that you were to email responses and he
would summarize.  Let's all be responsible.  This is the proper
way to handle this kind of thing.  We don't need to see your clever
solution right away no matter how good it is.  Let's save some band-
width and some trouble reading this newsgroup (how many duplicate solutions
and comments have there already been?).

  Yes, I know, I'm wasting your time with this remark...

					Jordan Henderson
					utah-cs!uplherc!jlh