passing variable numbers of arguments

Farrell Woods ftw at masscomp.UUCP
Fri Jan 13 02:03:46 AEST 1989

In article <1002 at vsi.COM> friedl at vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:

>The Zilog Z8000 machine I used in school had an "efficient"
>arg passing mechanism that passed the first few args in
>registers.

Some C compilers for more "conventional" machines also pass arguments
this way.  For instance, the Microware C compiler for their OS-9/68K
operating system will usually pass the first couple of args in d0 and d1,
and the rest on the stack.  Made for an interesting varargs...

--
Farrell T. Woods				Voice: (508) 692-6200 x2471
MASSCOMP Operating Systems Group		Internet: ftw at masscomp.com
1 Technology Way				uucp: {backbones}!masscomp!ftw
Westford, MA 01886				OS/2: Half an operating system