#define volatile /*empty*/

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Sun Jan 8 08:37:45 AEST 1989

In article <9302 at smoke.BRL.MIL>, gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) writes:

> It occurs to me that I may not have made this clear enough.
> A portable, standard-conforming program does not become nonportable
> or non-conforming upon addition of [feature of ANSI C].

One might point out here that "portable" and "standard-conforming"
are not necessary the same thing.  Many of us will have to deal
with pre-ANS compilers for a very long time, and "complaining to
our vendor" will do as much good as complaining to our Congressman.

     Steve

Stephen J. Friedl        3B2-kind-of-guy            friedl at vsi.com
V-Systems, Inc.        I speak for me only      attmail!vsi!friedl
Santa Ana, CA  USA       +1 714 545 6442    {backbones}!vsi!friedl
-------Nancy Reagan on Usenix in San Diego: "Just say *go*"-------