Perfect hashing table/function

pardo at june.cs.washington.edu pardo at june.cs.washington.edu
Wed Jan 4 07:01:16 AEST 1989

In article <3114 at ima.ima.isc.com> Gary D Duzan <gdtltr at vax1.acs.udel.edu> writes:
>[perfect hash function for C keywords]

Try anonymous ftp to ics.uci.edu (192.5.19.1).  Get
pub/perfect-tar.1.0.Z  (I haven't tried this for awhile,
so I don't know that it's still there).

This is an implementation of "perfect" hashing thanks to
Douglas C. Schmidt  (schmidt at BONNIE.ICS.UCI.EDU), and I
believe that it is used for the hash table for keywords in
the GNU C compiler.

	;-D on  ( Perfect Gnhashing )  Pardo
		    pardo at cs.washington.edu
    {rutgers,cornell,ucsd,ubc-cs,tektronix}!uw-beaver!june!pardo
[Don't ask me to FTP stuff, I don't have FTP access.  Sorry.  -John]
--
Send compilers articles to ima!compilers or, in a pinch, to Levine at YALE.EDU
Plausible paths are { decvax | harvard | yale | bbn}!ima