printf, data presentation

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Thu Jan 5 07:24:15 AEST 1989

In article <79 at attibr.UUCP>, vch at attibr.UUCP (Vincent C. Hatem) writes:
> In article <144 at bms-at.UUCP>, stuart at bms-at.UUCP (Stuart Gathman) writes:
> } and the works.  AT&T curses is so buggy, we had no choice but to
> } replace it...

> Come, come now... AT&T didn't invent it - they stole it from Berkley.

The AT&T implementation and the Berkeley implementation have to be quite
different internally. The BSD version uses the TERMCAP database, and the
AT&T version uses the TERMINFO database. These databases are similar in
goals, but quite different in design and implementation.
Work: uunet.uu.net!ficc!peter, peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180.   `-_-'
Home: bigtex!texbell!sugar!peter, peter at sugar.uu.net.                 'U`
Opinions may not represent the policies of FICC or the Xenix Support group.